Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Work cum Life


Hye and salam to all,

Today I just wanted to share with you guys about my sweet moments ever since I worked in Sony. There's a lot to talk about actually. Haha well, let's shorten it up a bit, aite!?

When I first came here in 2008, I was a practical trainee where I had to do my training there under one of my final year's course at UPM. Literally, like every other students who wants to do their practical training, I sent out my resume to various manufacturing companies as I had to look for something which is best related with my studies. I studied Material Science in Major Physics during that time. I have to tell ya, I am NOT that GENIUS. I just did WELL. And that is all!! Heh..

So yeah, approximately about few months of waiting, I got a call from someone claiming that he was from SONY. Oh, it was the Human Resources guy!!! I was super excited because he did called me on my cellphone and he said my application has been acknowledged and that I was accepted to do my training there for 3 months under Material Control Dept. Plus I will get my own allowances. Wow, money. Ka-ching!!

And there you go, went to Sony as scheduled and I was greeted by the HR people. Super nervous, lack of confidence, shy, happy, scared..All comes together in one feeling that I did not know how to describe it. Ahah..So of course, they brought me to the Material Control Dept and I met Mr. Karuna, the boss, and he was so nice to me. Well, maybe I was a new staff there. After a week of being 'adopted' by the department, the boss asked me to list down what I had learned during my studies and to my surprise, when he scrolled down the list, he said "I've gone through the subjects here but none of it is related with this department"..I was like, oh gosh!! So what now!! And then he thought of something which I really really appreciated, even until now, I still thanked him for what he does..and i thanked Allah for the path. What he does? He called the bosses of others department, the Engineering dept or to be exact, the Production Engineering dept. So all the three big bosses came. Not 'big' as they have huge bods, no no no..but 'big' in their positions. the Big Boss..

So after a few minutes of being interviewed by the three of them, finally they accepted me and willing to make me their trainee. Yeay!! Syukur!! And for the 3 months period of training, I did my best, I co-operated well, I did whatever they asked me to do without complaining, not that I want to 'bodek' or anything, but I really need it as my final assessment and also my dad said I have to gain as much as I can in the company. And yes, it turned out well. First, I am confirmed to be one of the permanent employee there in the company and Second, I passed my final year results. Alhamdulillah, I got to finish my studies and straightaway filled my teen's life with work life..phew..sometimes I thought it was so fast.

Currently, I am 2 years and 7 months working here as a loyal staff with the company. Loyal? Yes, I am. So far. But there are a lot of things that I need to gain, to learn, to solve problems analytically and technically, it is not EASY. A lot of hard work, a lot of stress, a lot of pressure, but I am sure Allah has what's best for me, so I gotta find it out by myself, with my own strength and patience. Insya-Allah. Mum, dad and the whole family was actually the main reason for all of this. Love them all. <3 <3




 see the image date? 28-May-08..on the early year of my training






And, since I am a junior and I'm basically accepting all the workloads that has been given for me, so I agreed (as instructed by my boss) to be an emcee for every event or meeting that is conducted by our department. The first time I had done it was with Sis Ami during a special occasions on New Model Introduction. sorry for I did not find the old pictures, will upload it once I found it (if any). Actually, to be exact, we have about 3 times of the new model intro meeting a year and apparently, I will be chosen to be the emcee. Well, I don't want to get boasted but thanks a lot boss for the opportunity given. I've been emceed for others meeting as well for at least 5 times now (can't remember how many times I did it because I think it was too many until some of my seniors said it is already my permanent job errr).

So recently, I was an emcee for one of the important meeting with the Japan Designers. This time it was introduced by the design engineers from Kisarazu, not Shinagawa.

*There are some facts or info that I could not share here as it is a bit CONFIDENTIAL*






I am the only lady in below picture. 

Being emcee for a New Model Introduction Meeting
Photos with all the bosses and superiors including the Japan designers


 Boleh...Boleh...Boleh....






But I have to say, I am pretty happy with what I had done. As a learning curve, I made this quote on my own just to motivate and embrace myself for a brighter future ahead. 



"Strive more, Learn more"
SONY.LIKE.NO.OTHER




No comments:

Post a Comment